It’s back-to-school time and that means lots of changes in daily habits; and often, some unwanted stress for parents and kids alike. Here are two fun ways to give the kids an after school snack that they will look forward to and can also have fun making themselves with just a little adult supervision.
Serves 1 Prep Time: 10 mins Total Time: 10 mins
• 1 medium banana
• 1 tablespoon nut butter (any kind will work!)
• optional toppings: chopped nuts, chia seeds, shredded coconut
Peel banana and then spread on 1 tablespoon of nut butter. Sprinkle on optional toppings and press them lightly into the nut butter to ensure they will stick. Using a sharp knife, evenly slice banana into “sushi” pieces. Enjoy right away or transfer onto a baking sheet and freeze for later!
Serves 4 Prep Time: 10 mins Total Time: 10 minutes
• 2 (7 to 8-inch) soft flour tortillas
• 3 tablespoons peanut butter
• 2 tablespoons hot fudge ice cream topping or Nutella
• 2 bananas
• 2 teaspoons toasted wheat germ
Spread tortillas with peanut butter. Spread chocolate topping carefully over peanut butter. Place banana in center of each tortilla. (If bananas are very curved, make 2 cuts at intervals on inside edge to make them lay straight.) Sprinkle each with wheat germ. Roll up tortillas. Cut each in half diagonally.