This year was a busy year filled with some good and some not-so-good happenings. We had to say to goodbye to loved ones, but we welcomed new family members, met new people and discovered new places. It seems like January 1, 2015 is now lightyears past, but as we reflect on the year gone by, it is a good opportunity to find out how to improve ourselves for the year ahead.
Some may find that they want to develop healthier habits. Others may want to learn a new skill, travel to a new a place, find a new place to live, or start a new career. Whatever our goals may be, the best way to achieve these goals is to be realistic, specific, and constantly reminded of those goals, however that may be.
I once had a teacher that told me to write my goals down because it would increase my chances of achieving them. That theory went right out the window when I lost the paper (which I found a year later going through the year’s collection of homework and grades). Remind yourself of your goals in whatever manner works best for you. I had a friend that put an event in his Google calendar EVERY DAY to be sure he started his new habit and kept to it. His phone would then remind him at the same time every day and he achieved his goal in 4 months.
We all suffer setbacks as life never really goes the way we think or want. The best thing we can do is to learn, get back on track, and go for it again. Michael Jordan once said, “I can accept failure; everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying again.” Reflect on this as you plan your resolutions, as it will give you the rigidity you need to achieve some of your tougher goals. Don’t hit a roadblock and just give up.
We have set some resolutions for ourselves here at Prisco’s and I thought I would share them with you. We do a lot of things well, but we aren’t perfect and we continue to strive to be the best we can. For 2016 we resolve to:
1. Become more knowledgeable about the foods that we currently offer or don’t yet offer, so as to better educate our customers on their meal options.
2. Better serve our customers with a clean and organized environment. We will do so with better merchandised displays and cases.
3. Better serve our customers through educated and trained employees who will strive to be even more attentive to customer needs and at all times be genuinely friendly.
4. Create and innovate the best food possible by expanding our selections and tastes.
5. Continue to be an asset to the community through services both inside and outside of the walls of Prisco’s Family Market.
Our team at Prisco’s will strive to fulfill these resolutions to the best of our ability, and continue to support our community in the most positive ways.
Please be safe in your travels for New Year’s and always remember, DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE and DON’T LET FRIENDS DRINK AND DRIVE.
From the Prisco’s family, many blessings on your family for the 2016 year. May your year be filled with lots of joy and great food!
Happy New Year,